That same day, Nathaniel started pre-school. He's acting so much bigger, too.
So far (she's two days into Kindergarten now), Paige loves her class and her teacher and thinks riding the bus is the greatest thing ever. I never rode the bus to school so it's a new and exciting concept for me too. I kind of want to get on with her.
She came home from her first day of school excited that she'd made a couple of new friends. She talked about a boy named Adam that she didn't really know yet, but she told me all about him. "He's such a cute boy!" she said just like a mom would. I asked her about another boy that I knew. "Oh, he's a tough boy." I'm not sure what that means, seeing as I think he's pretty shy, but we'll wait and see.
In our school they gradually phase the Kindergartners in. I think this is probably a pain for kids who have older siblings in school because they are just itching to go, but for us it's been wonderful. Each day has been fun, but we've needed the time to adjust to having to get up early, sticking to a routine, etc. I think having one more day off next week will be perfect. Then we'll be ready, I hope. :)
I thought I would include one last photo of Claire and me. My neighbor has a very nice camera and snapped this one evening in our backyard. I'm usually pretty happy with our pictures, but seeing the difference with his camera made me just a tad envious.
7 comments:
Geez! When did we all grow up? You look great! I can't believe your kids are in school. It blows me away!
Cute pictures and cute stories.
Milestones galore!
What beautiful kids. And that's a fantastic portrait of you and Claire - gorgeous!
Paige looks so exicted about school! I, too, wish she and Noelle were going to school together.
Wow - you guys look great! What kind of camera does he have?
Hey Heidi! Just found your blog off the West's. It's been so long! Can't believe your kids are getting so big! My blog is diaperdave.blogspot.com if you want to catch up!
Glad to see you're doing well.
Josie
You look great Heidi!! I miss you and your family. I have got your link on our blog, so I will check in on you often :) Wow, our kids are getting so big so fast.
Post a Comment