Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Primary Prez . . . Who me?

That's right . . . and it's hard to believe (especially for me). About a month ago, I was set apart as the Primary President in our ward. It truly was a bit of a shock. I've only had two Primary callings (Sunbeam teacher and Primary pianist) and both were quite a while ago. I also have very little leadership experience and had just mentioned to Jamison a couple weeks before that I wouldn't have to worry about ever having a leadership calling in this ward because we have so many incredible and capable people in our area. I also thought having a baby simply took me out of consideration.

With all of that said, I can't believe how much I love being in Primary! What a blast! The kids are so fun. I feel like I have a zillion ideas rushing into my head all the time. I feel energized and excited whenever I work on Primary stuff. Who would have thought!?!

Here are a couple of pictures of our cute group. (This was our thank you gift for the past presidency . . . we had the kids sign a mat and framed the photos.)


And, no, it's not all of them. We have about 50 kids, but it's summer time, and attendance is a bit sporadic, you know. I love them all, already!

Other news . . . Paige and I went to back to school night. I almost started crying, but not for the reasons you might guess. Paige's teacher is amazing! I loved everything about it! She is completely organized (I've never seen so many labels in my life!), but you can tell she knows how to have fun. There are about 8 different class pets, Paige's name is listed in about 5 different places in the room, there are interesting things to look at and explore every where you turn. Neither of us wanted to leave. Jamison must have thought I was a little nuts when I said that I want to go back to school with her.

Anyway, she is thrilled and can't wait to start. They have a slightly different schedule than the regular kids, but she'll get to go a couple days next week and then be on a regular schedule after Labor Day. I think it's going to be a great year.

7 comments:

Watsdog said...

Jo! Congrats on the Primary President thing! You will do a great job. You're very creative and energetic. Those kids are very lucky!

Mickel said...

You will do such an amazing job! I love primary too! I'm so glad to see the younger, very capable sisters in your ward getting these leadership callings. It's great! I zoomed in on the pictures of the primary kids and I only recognized 3 of them. The ward has sure changed since we left--or everyone has grown up so much, I don't recognize them.

James said...

From my perspective, you are doing a great job! ...and the family hasn't even fallen apart yet!

Jen said...

Yay! You'll be great, Heidi. You seem to excel at everything you try - I'm sure this is no exception.

How do you do that, by the way???

That Girl said...

Congratulations! I agree with Jen ... you do well no matter where you are. How are your counselors?

heath said...

What a cute thank you for the former primary presidency! And I got your phone message, and just had to say that we had such a blast up there. Royce has just fallen in love with your kids. I wish you lived closer, but you should be grateful you don't because we would be over there all the time. We're glad when we can come up for special visits. Love you!

Tamra said...

You are an awesome primary prez! I was checking out Mickel's blog & stumbled across yours. It's fun to see what you & your family are up to. Even though I see you often there never seems to be enough time to just chat. Great blog!