Thursday, September 17, 2009

I love September!

I love September! I always have! And this has been a wonderful one so far.

I feel like I'm one of those moms who would typically be sad to see the summer end and school begin . . . but since it starts so late here, I felt very ready. The kids were ready, too, I think, and have really enjoyed starting school and classes again.

Paige, especially, has loved every minute of school. What a relief for me! I never had to move when I was young, and I imagine I would have been terrified to go to a new school at that age, but Paige couldn't be happier. She is going to a wonderful school with incredible resources, has a very fun teacher and a small class (17 kids!), and gets to ride the bus every day. I also thought the transition to first grade would be tough, and that she'd be exhausted at the end of the long day, but it's quite the opposite. She is so happy and bouncy after school and can't wait to tell me all the fun things she's done. I love those after school moments, and look forward to hearing all of her first grade adventures each day.

On the Friday of Paige's first week, we pulled her out of school a little early and headed for the "shore." Ever since we moved here, everyone asks if we've been to the shore. (I'm used to saying the beach, but it's a little different out here.) Anyway, I thought we better sneak in a trip before it got too chilly. (It actually was supposed to rain the whole time, but somehow we lucked out, and didn't get any rain until our last hour in NJ.) So we drove just a little over two hours to Lewes, DE and spent part of the afternoon and evening there, and then took the ferry to Cape May, NJ the next day where we spent the rest of the day. The kids were thrilled with every little thing we did, and can't wait for another trip. I love that they are so easy to impress!

The kids on the ferry ride. How fun to look out and see dolphins as we crossed over.

Busy Paige, loving every minute.

Nathaniel holding a horseshoe crab. They kind of grossed me out, but Nathaniel was intrigued.

Little Claire, ever the charmer, can go from screaming bloody murder to smiling "cheese" and posing whenever the camera comes out.

Jamie and Claire

Water + sand = one happy girl

Thanks for taking our picture Paige. I can't remember the last time there was a picture of just the two of us.

This week the kids started swimming lessons, Paige started ballet, and Nathaniel started karate. I'm spending a lot more time in the car lately, but right now it's all fun and new, so I don't mind too much, especially since it's September. :)

4 comments:

heath said...

Oh, this made me cry. I miss you guys! Glad everyone is having such a fun time. Can't wait until we come visit and you can show us all the best spots.

By the way, how is Jamison liking his new job?

Love you guys!

ROAST said...

How fun for you guys!

Christine said...

Love the school pics! I loved how Paige still had on her foxridge bus pass on her backpack...she hasn't forgotten her roots:)
Looks wonderful out there...so glad you're happy!

Melinda said...

I'm so glad to see you guys having so much fun out there. What a wonderful place to explore new "shores", parks, woods, etc. Hope you had a nice visit with your parents.