Sunday, August 30, 2009

This month is such a special one . . .

August is birthday month for our girls. Paige just turned 7, and Claire just turned 2. Since we celebrated with friends in Utah back in June, we just kept it simple. The kids helped me decorate Paige's cake and we had a family over for a birthday dinner the night before.


On her actual birthday, the kids and I went to the Please Touch Museum and had a great time. It was great for them, and great for me since they were completely worn out after running around and playing hard. We'll definitely be back!



The birthday girl with her new scooter.


Claire got a cat cake and a simple family party at home for her birthday. And all of her presents were books, which was perfect since she is fairly obsessed with books lately, and we go through about a dozen every nap and bedtime.


Last weekend we made our first trip out to the Washington DC temple. It was about a two hour drive, but much less eventful than we imagined and really quite beautiful and relaxing. The temple is beautiful and the kids enjoyed checking out the visitors center, temple grounds, and nature trail.


The kids and I are gearing up for school which starts this coming week. Paige just met her teacher and is very excited to be a big first grader! This may be a bigger adjustment for Mom than for her.

2 comments:

Christine said...

How fun to go to the DC temple. Happy birthday to your cute girls! Good luck witht the start of school!:)

Tamra said...

What fun you are having! I am way impressed with your cake skills. Both are so cute. I'm jealous that your family gets to go to the DC temple. That's still my favorite.
Good luck with school! Although, I guess by now it has started, so I hope all is going well.