Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer Fun!

Many days I sit down to update my blog, but just feel like I don't have enough time. So, rather than make excuses, I'm just going to write really really fast.

Over a month ago we drove to Valley Forge, which is only about 20 minutes away. They have wonderful bike paths and we tried to teach Paige how to ride without training wheels while we there. Not our best idea ever, but we still had a good time seeing the sites and enjoying the beautiful day.


Here are some photos from a really cute place called Linvilla Orchards. They have a great playground area and then farms and fields all over. You can take a hay ride out and pick whatever produce is in season at the time or just buy it from their fresh market. Very fun! We'll definitely go back.






One day, the kids wanted to do a photo shoot just in our front yard. Here are a few of my favorites:




A couple of weeks ago we made a quick excursion to Ridley Creek State Park which isn't too far from our place. We were really impressed with how nice it is. In addition to some great trails through dense woods and nice grassy fields, there is a neat old mansion there with fountains and English-style gardens.


Our first trip downtown was fun, but we didn't end up doing all that we planned. We did make it to Reading Terminal Market for lunch. It's an amazing little spot, with every kind of food vendor jammed together under one roof. The kids opted for pretzels and pizza, which are very popular foods here in Philly, and Jamie and I ordered falafels. Yum!

This photo was taken at Jamie's boss's house. That frog guy was just too cute!


Okay, that's a few of the highlights from the last little bit. I'll try to add more later. Happy days!

2 comments:

heath said...

Why can't I think of what falafel is? Thanks for posting all the updates. You have the cutest family.

Mickel said...

Everything looks so green and lush and beautiful there...a far cry from what I see every day. Your neighborhood is gorgeous, not to mention those adorable kids! Glad to see you're enjoying all that your new home has to offer.