
At least it's February, though . . . with so many things to look forward to! Today, of course, is a wonderful holiday and my kids are very excited to play with their groundhog pop-up puppets and to watch the news about any groundhog sightings. Of course, Mardi Gras and Chinese New Year are coming up this week. Then there is Valentine's Day, President's Day, and it's even a leap year, so we may just have a "Leap Party" on the 29th as well. I am personally relieved to have so many things to celebrate. Sometimes January feels unending and I start to have irrational thoughts: "The snow will never melt!" "The temperature will never get above 20 degrees!" Stuff like that . . . and then I just get in a very strange funk. But it's February now and I feel hopeful and happy. So I'd just like to say a personal thanks to Punxsutawney, Abe Lincoln, George Washington and everyone else out there who has helped to make this month a time to celebrate. Happy days are here again!
2 comments:
Oh Heidi, I just love you! Have you told anyone else about your blog yet? I hope you noticed that you're linked on mine! (If that makes you uncomfortable, I can remove it.) But I wanted other people to discover your wit and charm, and love of life. Yay for updating your blog!
You blog! You're a blogger!
Way to go. I, too, have added your blog to my list. And I love the picture of all the Abe Lincolns. You can really never have too many, I think.
Post a Comment